This past weekend my husband whisked me away to Biloxi, Mississippi for one final recharge before the kids went back to school. Hence why I didn’t post Saturday & Sunday. It was a lovely weekend.
- I walked the beach with my husband & put my toes in the water which was so warm.
- I read the book Virgin River, which is HUGELY different from the Netflix series! There was definitely more GOOD in the books and waaaay less drama.
- We ate delicious food. My favorite place was TBT – The Blind Tiger ~ a tropical oasis on stilts overlooking the Gulf. I also had the best milkshake ever at a Whataburger that was “Banana Pudding” flavor. I think I gained 5 pounds. (I KNOW I gained 5 pounds)
- We stayed at the Beautiful Beau Rivage Hotel. It is one huge butterfly atrium.
- I took many naps & splurged on room service.
It was a really nice getaway. It was just super HOT! I am not cut out to be a southern girl. I crave the deep woods, snow, and wearing lots of layers.
It’s always good to come home. My generous mother-in-law gave me a table easel for my paint-by-number addiction and I have a cozy area in my sitting room now to paint. I am currently working on a scene in London.
My life has never looked like anyone I have ever known so I am used to doing what works for me. Piles of books – The ones on the mantel are what I have read this year. (not including audio or digital) The ones on the stoop of the fireplace are my TBR. IYKYK. Of course, I have twinkle lights, artwork, and furry friends all around me. What you don’t see is Frank Sinatra, Louie Armstrong & Ella Fitzgerald softly playing in the background. I hope your space gives you warm fuzzies as mine does for me.
I love how cozy your creative corner looks!
Thank you! I rearrange furniture weekly ~ it’s been something I’ve done since I was young. When I am swimming in so much I don’t have control over – that I DO! Have a great day!
Thanks! Same to you!